Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hong's A Financial Miracle

My cousin David sent me a message today with a Hong story and I asked him if he wanted to write a guest entry. He gladly obliged:

So I was on the phone with your dad, this was sometime in 2007. I think it may have been fire season because my dad asked me to call and see how everything was going to make sure you guys weren't homeless and at that time, I had orders in to trade some oil so I'm on the phone with your dad, and he goes, "Let me tell you something...." and as he's telling his story the price of oil is collapsing and all my orders to buy keep getting filled and I'm going "Uh huh, uh huh" as I'm watching my position get slammed. He keeps telling the story and then the price starts reversing and I'm wondering when he's going to get off the phone so I can call my broker and tell him to sell. So he's still telling his story, and suddenly I'm back to even. He keeps telling the story and I'm up $500. By the time I got off the phone with him, I think I was up like three grand. That's when I realized your dad is pretty cool.

Moral of the story: If Hong won't stop talking, then something good will happen to you to make up for it. He's a luck charm in the shape of a chatterbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment